Come and work for Liverpool’s first ever Vertical Farm in the heart of the city!
Join a unique organisation on a mission to find more sustainable ways to grow food in cities.
Farm Technician Kickstart
We are looking for a Vertical Farm Technician to work alongside our Farm Manager to grow food and maintain our hydroponic farm in the Baltic Triangle.
This role is provided by the KICKSTART SCHEME and is subject to eligibility criteria.
6 month placement
25 hours per week
Real Living Wage
You will be responsible for operating the farm under the direction of the Technical Director and Farm Manager.
- Working in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures
- Sowing seeds
- Harvesting and Packaging
- Cleaning and day-to-day maintenance in accordance with maintenance schedule
- Undertaking plant health monitoring and pest control
- Inspecting and monitoring all farm operations to ensure they are functioning correctly and to the required standard.
- Inputting into the development of improved protocols and operations.
- Undertaking occasional deliveries
- Attending all training to support working to the required standards.
- Help to develop and expand the farm.
- Supporting research into the optimum operation of vertical farming systems.
- Supporting the delivery of educational activities including events, exhibits and workshops.
- Demonstrable technical experience
- Demonstrable experience of ability to learn and adapt to new technical and computational systems
- Demonstrable experience of ability to solve problems
- Understanding of plant biology
- Experience of food growing and/or vertical farming
- Experience of community engagement and/or working with young people
Who you are
- Keen and willing to work as part of a team and make a positive contribution to the growth of the organisation
- Passionate about positive social and environmental change: a desire to create a more sustainable and inclusive food system
- Willing to step out of your comfort zone, take risks and explore the unknown
- Curious and inquisitive: a desire to learn and to embrace setbacks as an opportunity for growth
Full job description – FARM TECHNICIAN KICKSTART
How to apply for this role
If you’re interested in applying for this role please contact your job coach in your local job centre and quote the following postcode as a reference:
- L1 0BS
If you have any questions about the role please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Friday the 14th of May at Midnight